Is your home’s air conditioning system well past its prime? There are a number of certain signs that indicate it’s time to replace your HVAC equipment. If you’re tired of absurd energy costs or just not feeling comfortable in your own home, it’s time to get in touch with an air conditioning repair expert. Here are eight things to look for when deciding if you should replace your HVAC system:
- The heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old – We’ve emphasized this in previous blog posts, but it’s definitely worth mentioning again. As explained in a checklist from ENERGY STAR, it’s a good idea to replace your unit after 10 years. There are plenty of high-efficiency units out there that can save you up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs.
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old – Many of today’s furnaces are 15 percent more efficient than a conventional one. Going with a new boiler can also help you keep more green in your pocket.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and energy bills continue to rise – Do you find yourself calling a local HVAC contractor several times a year? Maybe you’re fed up with how much of a financial hit you’re taking each month with the utility bill. In either case, it’s probably time to seriously look at new equipment.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or cold – You deserve to be cozy in all parts of your home, right? Unfortunately, the wrong equipment, duct problems, or poor insulation could prevent this from happening. Rest assured that a new HVAC system will allow you to enjoy your time in any room of the house.
- Your home has humidity problems – Many homeowners struggle with the air being too dry in the winter and too humid in the summer. The culprits could be poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, or leaky ductwork.
- You’ve noticed excessive dust – Keep in mind that leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, basements, and crawl spaces. In turn, ducts distribute this throughout the house, causing a cleaning nightmare. Sealing your ducts may be a short-term solution, though new equipment altogether is likely the long-term one.
- Your HVAC system is noisy – Hopefully, neighbors don’t think of your HVAC system as a nuisance because of how loud it is. If it happens to be noisy, though, you could have an undersized duct system or issue with your equipment’s indoor coil.
Mokena Air Conditioning Repair
With several more warm weeks on tap for the area, it’s still a good time to consult an AC repair expert. Our team at Allegiance Heating & Cooling is more than happy to get you squared away with air conditioning repair service. Family owned and operated, we put customer integrity at the top of our list. Plus, unlike competitors, we guarantee our work for the number of years you own your home. Allegiance also works to always obtain the best pricing on materials and equipment, allowing the savings to be passed onto you.
Give us a call now to order service. Remember that we offer emergency air conditioning repair/service should you need it.