It’s the middle of summer and your air conditioner is churning away. But if it’s not doing the job, that comfortable castle of yours quickly turns into an uncomfortable nightmare. If your house isn’t cooling properly, you want to take action as quickly as possible before you feel as though you’re inside a furnace. Keep reading to see the steps in identifying issues with your A/C.
- Look at the air filter – Keep in mind that a dirty air filter leads to an inefficient air conditioning system. Though the unit may continue to run as if it were working, don’t be fooled. Before calling for air conditioning repair service, give some thought to changing the air filter first.
- Flip back the breaker – As explained in this guide from Angie’s List, a high-voltage breaker can occasionally trip and cause the unit to stop working. This is an easy fix that takes seconds. Just flip the breaker back and you should have cool air circulating through your home again in no time.
- Check the thermostat – Every now and again, all you need to do is replace the batteries on the thermostat to solve your A/C dilemma. If the batteries must be changed, you’ll typically see a blinking light or another symbol that indicates such.
- Observe the outdoor unit – Another possibility could be that your blower needs to be replaced. To check if this is the case, head outside and listen for the fan. A faulty fan could be the culprit.
- Consider the temperature – We’ve already dealt with a number of unbearably hot days in Mokena. Sometimes, the outdoor temperature is too intense for older systems to function at maximum efficiency. You may want to speak with an air conditioning repair team regarding possible upgrades.
Emergency Air Conditioning Service and More
Since 2000, the residents of Mokena have trusted Allegiance Heating & Cooling. We’ve established a reputation as the area’s premier AC repair company for many reasons. Unlike competitors, we pay attention to the little things. Rest assured that when you book an appointment with us, you can expect our technician to arrive promptly. While inside your home, he or she will go the extra mile in protecting your flooring and furnishings with mats, tarps, and shoe booties. Not to mention, we offer competitive pricing and guarantee our work for the number of years you own your home.
Unfortunately, we rarely deal with HVAC problems at a convenient time. So if your air conditioner’s best days are in the past, please reach out to us. We are proud to offer emergency air conditioning repair at a reasonable price. One of our team members can expedite the appointment process and get a technician to your home as quickly as possible. With the dog days of summer approaching, why settle for noisy fans and other ineffective alternatives to cool your home? Instead, let the HVAC experts at Allegiance tackle the issue.
Get started with a quote or schedule your appointment today.